Most health fanatics would say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And I would honestly have to agree with that statement.
So, in honor of first things being first, I’ve provided an option that will surely get your day off to a great start. And as usual, I’ve prepared this version to be completed plant based (VEGAN). But it’s simple enough to make substitutions as desired. Just note that the ingredient list and nutritional facts match my selections.
1. Rolled Oats (courtesy of Sprouts – but you can source these anywhere) – 3 scoops (6 oz.)
2. Blue Diamond Vanilla Hint of Honey Almond Milk – 1 cup
3. Frozen Blueberries (fresh is nice if in season.. if not, frozen is best) – 3/4 cup
4. Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds – 1 serving (about 28 pieces)
5. Drinking Water (Spring, Distilled, whatever tickles your fancy) – 8 oz.
1. Mix 6 oz. of oatmeal in bowl with 8 oz. of almond milk.
2. Stir slightly to ensure good consistency when warming up.
3. Place contents in microwave and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Carefully remove warm bowl and add 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries.
5. Mix blueberries and oatmeal with spoon and allow to set for a minute or so.
6. Top with almonds or just enjoy them on the side.
7. Don’t forget to wash it all down with your water.
You’ll be consuming this power packed meal in under 5 minutes.
To maximize portion size to suit your energy(caloric) needs, you can easily adjust the ingredient list accordingly.
Best of Health!!!