You’ve just destroyed the gym and now it’s time to reward yourself. But did you know that the most optimal time to feed those starving muscles and replenish the energy storage is within the first 30 minutes of post workout?
So, to take advantage of your well deserved pump, here’s a simple treat that’s packed with just the right amount of goodness to set you up for success. And as usual, this version is plant based (VEGAN). But it’s simple enough to make substitutions as desired. Just note that the ingredient list and nutritional facts match my selections.
1. Silk Dairy-free Vanilla Yogurt – 1 cup
2. Sun Warrior Classic Plus Protein – 1 scoop
3. Fresh Strawberries (fresh is nice if in season.. if not, frozen works) – 1 cup sliced
4. Fresh Blueberries (fresh is nice if in season.. if not, frozen works) – 3/4 cup
5. Organic Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
1. Mix cup of yogurt in a bowl with scoop of protein.
2. Stir slightly to ensure good consistency before adding fruit and seeds.
3. Add selected berries to bowl mixture.
4. Sprinkle chia seeds into bowl.
5. Don’t forget to wash it all down with 8-16 oz water.
You’ll be consuming this power packed meal in about 5 minutes.
To maximize portion size to suit your energy(caloric) needs, you can easily adjust the ingredient list accordingly.
Best of Health!!!