You’ve managed to make it to the end of your day. Now it’s time to round out your efforts with a solid meal. For dinner, I prefer to keep my protein intake high while reducing my carb and fat quantities but keeping them high quality. And this variation of Pasta and Salad does just that.
This particular pasta is made with green lentil and quinoa flour. So, it looks and tastes like traditional pasta. But, it gives you a much larger amount of protein than the norm. Hence, the name POW! Add tofu to the mix and you get even more protein without the added fat associated with other protein options. And as usual, this version is plant based (VEGAN). But it’s simple enough to make substitutions as desired. Just note that the ingredient list and nutritional facts match my selections.
1. Pow Pasta (Green Lentil Spaghetti) – 4 oz
2. Tofu (Extra Firm) – 2 servings (158 g)
3. Baby Spring Mix Greens (Simple Truth) – 2 cups
4. Baby Carrots (Pre-Sliced) – 3 oz
5. Grape Tomatoes – .5 cup
1. Set oven to 400 degrees on Convection Bake.
2. Bring 4-8 quarts of water to boil on stove.
3. Drain water off tofu and cut cube into desired portions for baking. Season as desired.
4. Place tofu portions on non-stick baking sheet and insert into oven for 20 minutes.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and stir frequently. Cook uncovered for approx 7 minutes.
6. Drain pasta. Remove tofu portions. Season or add optional sauce for flavor.
7. Mix greens, carrots, and grape tomatoes into large bowl. Toss and add optional dressing.
8. Enjoy every single bite..
You’ll be consuming this power packed meal in about 25 minutes.
To maximize portion size to suit your energy(caloric) needs, you can easily adjust the ingredient list accordingly.
Best of Health!!!